Come celebrate 114 years of land conservation with the Highlands-Cashiers Land Trust by chasing the golden hour on Satulah Summit! Join HCLT staff for an enchanting evening atop Satulah Mountain as we embark on a breathtaking sunset & moonrise hike, hosted by the Highlands-Cashiers Land Trust. Satulah Mountain, with its sweeping 270 degree views, offers the perfect backdrop for a memorable outdoor adventure.
As the day transitions into twilight, we will set off on a guided hike along the trails of Satulah Mountain. Along the way, HCLT staff will provide insights into the unique flora and fauna of the region, as well as the fascinating history of this ancient mountain.
As the sun begins its descent, we will find the perfect vantage point to witness the sky painted in shades of orange, pink, and purple, creating a stunning canvas for a Highlands sunset. Capture the moment, breathe in the fresh mountain air, and savor the serene beauty of the Highlands-Cashiers plateau.
But the magic doesn't end there! As darkness gently blankets the landscape, we'll turn our gaze to the eastern horizon. Watch in awe as the full moon rises, casting its silvery glow over the landscape. Whether you're a seasoned hiker or just beginning to explore the wonders of nature, this event is suitable for most skill levels. Bring your camera, binoculars, or simply your sense of wonder as we embark on this unforgettable journey.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to experience the natural wonders of Satulah Mountain, all while celebrating the conservation efforts of the Highlands-Cashiers Land Trust.
· Meeting Point: Kelsey-Hutcherson Founders Park
· Dress in comfortable outdoor clothing, layers, and sturdy footwear.
· Bring flash lights or headlamps, water, snacks, and any personal essentials.
· All participants are encouraged to follow Leave No Trace principles.
· Hike is 1.6 miles to the summit, 3.2 miles round trip and is considered moderately strenuous along paved and gravel roads, rocky terrain and wet at times.
· We will make our descent after dark, so hypervigilance on trail is a must · This event is FREE, no registration necessary, contact email@example.com with any questions leading up to or on the day of the event