Curated Wines and Elegant Dining on the Highlands Plateau
The Highlands Chamber of Commerce is a firm believer in the best place to live is the best place to visit. Just ask the hundreds of residents, full- and part-time, who claim Highlands as home. They don’t just live here; they love here.
And what’s not to love? The scenery will take your breath away. Day-to-day, often minute-to-minute, vistas shift from dawn’s early glow to a rain forest mist to glistening drops of refracted light glimmering in a mountaintop sun shower. It’s like living in an Impressionist painting, swathed in seasonal colors only a master could capture.
For that reason, it’s no wonder Highlands has become an art hub with a world-class fine art center, performing art center and theatre.
Fine arts demand fine food and wine and the plethora of fine dining establishments has put Highlands on the map as one of the South’s exceptional award-winning culinary destinations. Highlands is home to six Wine Spectator restaurants! And the shopping is a unique blend of individually curated businesses.
Our four-season climate offers a wide variety of outdoor activities including hiking in beautiful parks and nature trails, canoeing, rafting, snow tubing, zip-lining, snow skiing, arts such as photography and plein air painting, bird-watching, and an abundance of educational experiences.
We are seeking winemakers and distributors to participate in the Elevated Wines events currently being planned.
- Accommodations provided
- Family invited
- Nearby Markets: Greenville, SC (70 miles), Asheville, NC (85 miles), Atlanta, GA (130 Miles), Charlotte, NC (160 miles), Chattanooga, TN (160 miles)
- Six local restaurants with Wine Spectator awards
- Agreement with featured restaurant to showcase your wine with a
- “Special Entrée” for 30 days after dinner
- Winemaker and Winery on Chamber of Commerce website
- Winemaker and Winery featured on social media
- General Public “Tasting”
- Country Club dinner or “Tasting”
- Primary visitor demographic to Highlands is 35 – 75 years old with an annual household income above $150,000.
- Highlands serves as a year-round destination to the southeastern United States.
- Interview feature in newsprint or magazine